DENTIST AND GENERAL - DG MUTUAL
The Dentists and General (DG Mutual) has specialised in income protection insurance since 1927 - and as been joining together with people in the community to offer them care and protection based from their head office in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
The Dentist and General (Dengen) is a Friendly Society, a financial institution which is owned and governed by its members, through a committee of elected members which is supported in the day to day running by a team of employed staff.
The DG Mutual was originally formed to protect the incomes of dentists, but membership was widened to include most professional occupations many years ago. As a result, the committee members bring a diverse range of professional backgrounds and experience to the Society.
The Den Gen was setup to help working people who, because of illness or injury, are unable to earn their living and always has been, owned by its customers or 'members'.
The Dentist & General Friendly Society has therefore grown from a traditional friendly income insurance provider in 2020 to include distribution mainly via local office branch, IFA's, brokers & partially sales through the web to individuals & employers.
Dentist General Friendly Society product range today includes mainly various types of Income Protection PHI plans targeted for the self employed.
Dentist & General PHI Plan - Typical Key Features
- Tax free Income Sickpay benefit options upto £1200 per week [ which is limited ]
- Age costed means plan costs increase as age rises [ can be expensive long term ]
- Can be paid from day 1 or 4, 13, 26 & upto 52 weeks of illness or injury [ flexible ]
- Policy Retirement ages available of either 55 or 60 [ which is restrictive ]
- Insurers have no Occupational Premium Loading [ which is good ]
- No Smoker Premium ratings [ which makes this very competitive ]
- Level, escalating or reducing sickpay benefit option
- Benefit escalate by 3% + increase at that rate for every year the claim is valid & then paid after 52 weeks of claim
- Tax free lump sum benefit at policy end [ could be useful ]
- Double Bond option allows additional subscriptions to double the amount of bonus apportionment awarded annually.
- Pure Protection or Holloway style plans
Article on: Dentist General DG Mutual Friendly Society ~ for more information visit.www.dengen.co.uk*
Looking to compare Dentist and General Insurance against other Uk Insurers
> Need a Competitive Life or Income Protection Insurance Quote ?
( * Note: You are now leaving the regulated site of Uk Life Insurance Quotes. Neither ourselves, nor Sesame Ltd, is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site.)
FOR PROTECTION PRODUCTS WE USUALLY OFFER FROM A RANGE OF PROVIDERS
For products with an investment element we will introduce you to an authorised adviser