Funeral Burial Insurance Quote - Enquiry Form
What is a Funeral Insurance Plan or Prepaid Funeral Plan ?
"Funeral Insurance" plans are specialist policies which enable individuals to plan and thus pay for their funeral in advance of their death. As the government increasingly will not help out toward the cost, by purchasing a Burial Insurance Plan much of the decision making and organising which is often left to their next of kin at this incredibly difficult time is removed. These plans - can also be known as funeral insurance bonds, burial insurance plans, funeral insurance plans, funeral coverage insurance, cremation insurance. Funeral Insurance can be confused with pre-paid funeral plans becuase ultimately most individuals are just looking to take control over their own funeral costs & even personalise the occasion.
Many companies who supply these many different types of plans will be able to offer a variety of packages to choose from including ~ burial insurance, funeral insurance, over 50's life insurance, whole lifecover to pre-paid funeral plans.
Key Features to consider on a typical Funeral Insurance PrePaid plan:
- Usually 3 types of schemes based on cost - Simple, Traditional & Exclusive
- Note that some more basic plans may still not cover full funeral costs provisions
- Can be paid for via Monthly Installments option or prepaid plan upfront by Lump Sum
- Index linked benefits to help ensure relevant funeral costs are covered whenever needed
- Plan benefits held in separate secure trust by a board of trustees
- Can be purchased for a relative or by a 3rd party
- Full choice of your own Funeral directors, professional services all paid for
- Advice on registration, documentation and certification for the funeral
- Removal from place of death to Funeral directors premises
- Care of deceased prior to Funeral & Type of Coffin specified
- Use of Chapel of rest for visiting
- Attendance of conductor and bearers on day of the Funeral
- Provision of Hearse & Limousine for service at local Church or Crematorium
- Full listing of floral tributes & Thank you cards
- Cancellation fees & Options to change arrangements
- Bereavement counselling (where available)
- A tree planted in memoriam in a Forest
- Fees for Local Church, Place of Worship, Ministers, Doctors & Crematorium
Looking for a Funeral Insurance Plan - because costs have risen sharply ££
As we all must pass on at some time in the future, note Funeral & Burial costs have actually risen sharply in the last few years and by as much as 40% in some parts of the UK. It is impossible to therefore predict what these costs might be in 5 or 10 years time.
FOR PROTECTION PRODUCTS WE USUALLY OFFER FROM A RANGE OF PROVIDERS
For products with an investment element we will introduce you to an authorised adviser
For any Legal Type Products ~ we may refer you to Legal Services Specialists
Cost of a Funeral ~ Funeral Planning
Typical average Uk costs to consider maybe as follows [ but will naturally vary based on location ]
Burial of Adult in Coffin - average £600
Burial of Cremated Remains Services + Fees Cost of Cremation Certificates filled out by doctors - average £500
Creation of Headstone Foundation, Vase, Removal and replacement - average £300
Professional Fees arrangements and provision of funeral director - average £500
Transport Hire of Hearse or Limousine - average £400
Coffins will vary from type - average £300-£1000
- Services and Fees Announcements in local / national newspapers - average £50
- Flowers at Church or Home - average £200
Also around 60% or more of the UK public have also not even made a will or their will is out of date and invalid - thus ensuring their final wishes re their own funeral planning are never successfully met. Programmes such as the BBC's Heir Hunters show what can happen when a will is not made & maybe some unlikely beneficiaries.
Burial Insurance for Funeral Expenses or Over 50's Life Cover
- Concerned to ensure your loved ones do not have to pay your Funeral costs ?
- Made Wills but not really thought about the practicality of Funeral Provision ?
- Have Medical problems - meaning life cover would be difficult to obtain ?
- If you have Over 50's cover unless it is index linked it maybe insufficient re increasing funeral prices
- Many Over 50's plans have 1 or initial 2 year exclusion periods ?
- Many over 50's Lifecover plans limit their levels of cover based on age
- Many over 50's Lifecover plans will not allow you to pay more than £100pm premiums
- Have some term life cover plans but concerned they are ending in the near future ?
- Have savings but worried that they maybe insufficient or erroded by inflation
- Want to ensure that funeral costs are prepaid for an elderly relative who may not have the funds to do so
For some a Funeral Insurance plan could be the ideal thoughtful & responsible approach to a sensitive subject.
Note: we do not advise on Prepaid Funeral Plans
we can only give broad generic guidance Broker help